How you can greatly cut your chance of getting the flu (vitamin D just twice a month)
Fact: People who are low on vitamin D have weak immune systems
- All items in Immunity and Vitamin D
- Search for INFLUENZA or FLU in title 19 items as of May 2016
- Major interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin A, and Influenza – Sept 2013
- Just 300 IU daily of vitamin D reduced respiratory infections by 50% – RCT Aug 2012
- Review of vitamin D and immune system – abstract Sept 2010
- Prisoners have very low vitamin D and get TB, influenza, and depression
- Influenza reduced by 1.7 with 1200 IU D3, also reduced related asthma by 6X – May 2010 children
- Colds and flu - Overview
- Influenza prevented by 40 ng levels or treated with vitamin D hammer (50,000 IU) – June 2015
- Influenza reduced by 1.7 with 1200 IU D3, also reduced related asthma by 6X – May 2010
- Influenza of 1918 and vitamin D - July 2010
- Sunlight used to treat influenza - 1918 file
- Influenza in Norway not reduced by vitamin D – Oct 2011 perhaps too much Vitamin A from cod liver oil
- Evidence that vitamin D reduces risk of viral infection – Dec 2010 Grant, etc.
- Additional 4 ng of vitamin D reduced chance of infection by 7 % – June 2011
- An update on vitamin D and human immunity – March 2012
- Influenza A: 5X reduction in first month (only) with 2,000 IU of vitamin D– RCT July 2014
- Search VitaminDWiki for H1N1 108 items as of Sept 2017
- Review of infectious diseases vitamin D trials – Feb 2012 TB and viral respiratory tract infections
- Reduced viral respiratory track infections by half by having more than 38 ng of vitamin D – June 2010
Group with >38 ng of vitamin D was 2X less likely to get viral infection (from previous reference)
Fact: People who are obese are very low on vitamin D (vicious cycle)
- Overview of Obesity and Vitamin D
- Higher BMI need more vitamin D – Oct 2010
- 3X more colds by overweight who were low on vitamin D - April 2012
- More than half afflicted with H1N1 in 2009 were obese – Jan 2011
- From Food Consumer
- ”The fact that extremely obese people are at higher risk of death from H1N1 infection
- may have something to do with their low vitamin D status, a health observer suggested.”
- H1N1 vaccine linked to 700 percent increase in miscarriages Natural News Dec 2010
- Influenza vaccine benefits WikiPedia - Healthy, working adults took 43 % fewer days off of work if had vaccine (was this a placebo controlled trial?)
- Flu Vaccine Exposed Mercola Sept 2009
A study published in October 2008 :vaccinating young children against the flu had no impact on flu-related hospitalizations or doctor visits during two recent flu seasons.
A 2008 study published in the Lancet found that influenza vaccination was NOT associated with a reduced risk of pneumonia in older people.
Study confirms that there has been no decrease in deaths from influenza and pneumonia in the elderly
Might Influenza be Little More Than a Symptom of Vitamin D Deficiency? -with lots of details
- How Effective Is the Flu Vaccine? WebMD Dec 2011
- Flu Vaccine Efficacy Science Based Medicine Oct 2009
- 10X reactions to flu vaccine when vitamin D deficient
- Major interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin A, and Influenza – Sept 2013
- Avoid Flu Shots, Take Vitamin D Instead Dr. Miller 2008
flu shots do not protect elderly people against developing pneumonia
A systematic review of 51 studies involving 260,000 children age 6 to 23 months found
no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo
- Huffinton Oct 2009 on previous Cochrane Study of Vaccine and Elderly
In fact, the number of flu-related deaths in elderly Americans has actually increased steadily during the past 33-year-period despite the fact that there has been a large increase in flu vaccinations for this population. Only 20% of all elderly Americans had a flu shot in 1980, compared with 65% in 2001.
(Note: this does not mention the %, just the number)
- CDC on who should get which of the many vaccines - 2011
Note: they appear to have no rebuttal on fetal deaths
- Flu Vaccine Caused 3587 US Miscarriages & Stillbirths Sept 2010
"We strongly recommend that the CDC withdraws their continued recommendation to pregnant women, instead, strictly adhering to the FDA/manufacturers warning on the insert packages that the flu shot not be given to pregnant women unless clearly needed."
- Dead Babies and Stillbirths Reported to the FDA After Vaccination – Mothering Magazine Nov 2011
1) Check out the huge spike in deaths at the age of 2-3 months when babies receive multiple vaccines.
2) Check out the surge in reported flu vaccine adverse reactions in the last few years.
3) Check out the spike in miscarriages and stillbirths reported after Gardasil, H1N1 flu and chickenpox vaccination.
800 IU vitamin D is much better than vaccine, and 2000 IU vitamin D is far better
CLICK HERE for more @ Vitamin D Council - updated Dec 2015
Flu vaccine makes money while vitamin D prevents flu. – Jan 2011
Follow the money – Flu Vaccine vs vitamin D
http://www.mmshealthyforlife.com/?p=7482 Dec 31, 2010
Mercola UK Govt decides children should not have flu vaccine Jan 17, 2011
Cochrane Group studied Vaccine twice - and did not find compelling evidence
Suite 101 Jan 22, 2011
“According to the Cochrane foundation, over 200 viruses cause influenza and flu like symptoms such as headaches, runny nose, aches and pains, fever and coughs. They rarely lead to serious illness or death and it is impossible to provide a single flu vaccine to protect against these myriad viruses.
The Cochrane study found that in the highly unlikely scenario of the vaccine matching the predominant flu strains circulating that season, one in hundred people who got the flu shot developed flu symptoms compared to two in a hundred who did not get the shot. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the benefits of the vaccine!”
Overview of Influenza and Vitamin D has more on Cochrane 2010 study
Chochrane 2010 Flu Vaccine and Elderly
PDF attached to bottom of this page
Not good enough results from the 75 studies to make a recommendation for the vaccine
The following graph from Chochrane shows that having more people vaccinated does NOT decrease the rate of flu attacks
If more vaccination decreased flu attacks, the data from around the world would have followed the (added) pink line
Many observers comment that the flu vaccine is not much better than a placebo.
$10,000 reward offered for scientific proof of H1N1 vaccine safety and effectiveness Jan 2010
Natural News A scientific look at flu season vaccines Sept 2010.
“Flu season shots, you see, simply don't work on 99 out of 100 people”.
“In other words, you would have to vaccinate 100 people to reduce the number of people showing influenza symptoms by just one.
For ninety-nine percent of the people vaccinated, the vaccine makes no difference at all!”
Influenza vaccines only prevent the flu in 1.5 out of 100 adults (not 60% as you've been told) Natural News Oct 2011
During the past decade the US govt had increased the categories of people who are supposed to get a Flu shot
Chart is made from the following data byDr. Donald Miller Oct 2008
- The CDC's 15-member Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) makes recommendations each year on who should be vaccinated.
- 1999—00 >age 65 and children with medical conditions have a flu shot.
- 2000—01 add 50 - 65
- 2002—03, add healthy children 6 months to 23 months old
- 2004—05, add children up to 5 years old.
- 2008—09 healthy children 6 months to 18 years old have a flu annually
Increasing vitamin D decreases infections Glossmann 2011
See also web
- Vitamin D and influenza Wikipedia
- Inlfuenza and Vitamin D Vitamin D Council overview March 2014
- 2,000 IU stopped H1N1 influenza only in the first month Sept 2014
83% less likely to get H1N1 in the first month only, but no help in the second month
Perhaps 2,000 IU of vitamin D was not enough after la month-ong exposure to H1N1
- Open forum Infection Diseases - presentation Fall 2015
"Does Serum Vitamin D Concentration Attenuate the Severity of Acute Respiratory Infection? Observations From a Multisite, Longitudinal Study of Adults With Influenza-Like Illness"
in 5 hospitals "symptom severity was inversely correlated with vitamin D concentration"
Download the short PDF from VitaminDWiki
200 Evidence-based Reasons to NOT Vaccinate - GreenMedInfo Feb 2015This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)Immunity
165 Overviews 68
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 6294 RTI.pdf PDF 2015 admin 02 Jan, 2016 14:18 32.96 Kb 527 5091 200 evidence based reasons to not vaccinate.pdf PDF 2015 admin 23 Feb, 2015 01:41 4.95 Mb 922 919 flu-vaccination-vs-attack.jpg Graph admin 06 Dec, 2011 19:59 20.44 Kb 5687 918 Vaccine and elderly - 2010.pdf Cochraine admin 06 Dec, 2011 19:58 1.26 Mb 1636