Personal note by admin of VitaminDWiki, Henry Lahore
I had been having lots of vitamin D ( levels > 100 ng, taking 50,000 IU every 4 days in the winter)
Then got pain in both knees over the period of a few months
Was unable to walk more than a block.
My doctored diagnosed it as the start of knee osteoarthritis
I refused to give up jogging and biking.
As I have done for many previous health problems, I tried everything I thought might help (5 items) concurrently
They worked !!- no more knee pain when walking or hiking- even for many miles
I then tried eliminating some items to see what was actually needed.
Conclusion (after about 6 months of experiments)
- Magnesium Chloride - about 100 milligrams of Mg element daily
- Magnesium Chloride and DMSO on both knees every few nights
I am reminded to do it after about 4 nights - a ghost of the knee pain slightly returns
A person suggested that I try DMSO alone, without the MgCl - it did not work
- Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, and Turmeric - 2 pills daily
Update Dec 2016
I use Magnesium topically and internally most days, along with Boron internally daily - all of my knee pain is gone
Update Dec 2015
A tiny point of knee pain came back this month (Much less than 2014)
I realized that I had failed to consistently take MgCl internally and topically
Also failed to have my muscle strengthing exercises once every 3 weeks.
Restored the dose to daily - but not much improvement
Added a powerful Curcumin which was recommended by a commenter to this page
- also Curcumin Improves Tendon Healing in Rats: a Histological, Biochemical, and Functional Evaluation Nov 2015
Finally added Lower Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) - the pain went away the next day
- Note: I had made a LLLT for my wife's lymphodema in 2008,
She had been using LLLT every 3 weeks for the past 7 years
LLLT wonderfully energizes mitochondria within about 1/2 inch of the illuminated skin
Note - my design, based on studies from Russia, appears to be 10X to 50X more effective than commercial devices
LLLT and KNEE on the web
- Search web for "low level laser therapy" knee 77,000 items as of Dec 2015
- The Effect of Low-Level Laser in Knee Osteoarthritis: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial Aug 2009
"Conclusion: Our results show that LLLT reduces pain in KOA and improves microcirculation in the irradiated area"
Full PDF online
- Effect of low-level laser therapy in patients with chronic knee osteoarthritis: a single-blinded randomized clinical study March 2014
"LLLT seemed to be an effective modality for short-term pain relief and function improvement in patients with chronic knee OA"
Pulsing Light generates ATP in mouse mitocondria
- Groundbreaking Discovery: Animal Cells Powered by Sunlight/Chlorophyll GreenMedInfo April 2015
Flashed 675 nm light on/off every 30 seconds. (My design flashes 903 nm light 100,000 times per second)
Download the study PDF from VitaminDWiki
LLLT reduced Knee pain for > 6 months - Randomized Controlled Trial - Sept 2014
Efficacy of low-level laser therapy applied at acupuncture points in knee osteoarthritis: a randomised double-blind comparative trial
830 nm I(infr-red) 5 acupuncture points, 9 sessions - https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physio.2013.09.007
Download the PDF from Sci-Hub via VitaminDWiki
seems like a good, extensive overview
The Use of Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) For Musculoskeletal Pain - 2015 nice medical overview of LLLT
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
The Nuts and Bolts of Low-level Laser (Light) Therapy - 2012
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
2014-2015 reviews found LLLT benefit for hair loss, back pain, wisdom tooth extraction, etc.
Note By Henry Lahore, founder of VitaminDWiki
The majority of LLLT devices do not work, as they are poorly designed.
The cells get a benfit each time they detect a light pulse
Most LLLT devices use constant light or pulse up to 100/sec
My design, based on research in Russia, uses about 100,000 pulses per second
It has worked extremely well on a variety of body ailments for 8+ years (2018)
For more than half of the ailments, as knee pain, the pain has not come back
The others require periodic treatment (monthly) to keep the pain away
In all cases I have had high levels of Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Omega-3 - which might have helped
See also VitaminDWiki
- Supplements which the Admin of VitaminWiki takes
- Good Health is more than Vitamin D and cofactors – my view
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and low vitamin D LLLT also used to treat Carpal tunnel
- Knee osteoarthritis strongly associated with low Boron – 2015
- Reduced knee osteoarthritis if consistently supplement with vitamin D for 2 years – April 2017
- Knee osteoarthritis helped by vitamin D2 (40,000 IU weekly raised 57 % above 30 ng) June 2017