click on image for details
Vitamin D fights all phases of Influenza, also increases vaccine effectiveness and decreases side effects |
Monthly dosing is better than daily: children & elderly
Proof that Vitamin D Works
proven to prevent and/or treat 86 problems
Number of studies
Infant-Child, Osteoarthritis, Dark Skin
Cardiovascular, Diabetes, Meta-analysis
Ultraviolet, Noontime sun
Genetics, Trauma & Surgery, Breast Cancer, Magnesium, Omega-3
Vitamin D - other
As of March 2018
US admits math mistake was made in 2010 in estimating Vitamin D, but will not change recommendations – Nov 2017
"Does Less Sun Mean More Disease?"
5 minute video with voice-overs in English, German, Spanish, French, . .
Live longer if more vitamin D - 13 meta studies
Autonomic Nervous System dysfunction may be associated with low vitamin D
Sci-Hub provides many PDFs which are otherwise behind publisher paywalls. You just need to enter PMID# or DOI #. Current URL is http://sci-hub.tv Check Twitter for updates
more about Sci-Hub
Sci-Hub article on Verge - Feb 2018
- "Elsevier, for example, boasts a nearly $35 billion market cap. It has reported a nearly 39 percent profit margin for its scientific publishing arm"
- Open Access now (not Sci-Hub) now accounts for 28 % Digital Object Identifiers
- "...many Open Access publishers charge scientists fees — often anywhere from a few hundred dollars up to around two thousand — for processing their articles, whether they’re accepted or not."
- 70 % of peer-review Open Access models do not charge anything
- Researchgatews pressured into taking down 7 million unauthorized copies of their (publishers) papers.
- Sci-Hub has “gained access” to “around 400 universities.”
- "Now, once users pointed Sci-Hub toward an article, the site would check every university proxy server until it found one through which it could download the paper, and would download it automatically."
- " “Access from China and Iran was blocked for some time because Sci-Hub couldn’t serve as many requests as were coming from these countries".
- ".She also made Sci-Hub inaccessible to Americans (except those using VPNs) — in part because of the number of download requests, but also because she wanted to avoid becoming a target for lawsuits.__