Are You Trading Heartburn for a Heart Attack? GreenMedInfo
- PPI = (proton pump inhibitor) block acid production in the stomach to reduce or eliminate heartburn.
- PPI are prescribed primarily for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- 21 million people use PPI in the US
- Study looked at Prilosec, Prevacid, Protonix, Nexium, Aciphex, and Dexilant
- Looked at 1.4 million patient records
- 122 % more likely to die of cardiovascular disease with PPI
(previous study found that VIOX increased cardiovascular death by 3X, vs 2X for PPI)
- PPI were linked to hip fracture in 2006
Long term use of PPI increased risk of hip fracture by 160%
Top 5 Reasons NEVER to Take a Proton Pump Inhibitor
- ". . $10 billion dollars annually, drugs like Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, and others, represent a significant chunk of Big Pharma’s profits"
- "Despite clinical research that shows an act as simple as drinking more water reduces stomach acid more than these drugs. . "
Water Extinguishes Stomach Acid 175 X Faster Than Some Drugs
Green Med Info June 2012
A study in 2008 measured the timeneeded to increase gastric pH >4:
(in 10/12 subjects)
- A comparative study of the antacid effect of some commonly consumed foods for hyperacidity in an artificial stomach model Oct 2017
cold milk and broccoli are better than water
Can Ginger Beat Out The Multi-Billion Dollar Acid Blockers?
See also VitaminDWiki
- Category: Drug interactions with Vitamin D has
- Drugs that may harm bone (vitamin D needed) -April 2016
- Acid Reflux drugs decrease Vitamin D and Magnesium – Jan 2013
834 visitors, last modified 18 Jan, 2018, URL:This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)