By Dr. Raimund von Helden
Translated in 2014. Original German edition 2011
Excellent vitamin D book for both patients and doctors
ebook: 5 EURO ($5.60) PayPal and Skrill
Epub format – which can be directly read on iPad and iPhones
There are many free online epub ==> PDF conversion services on the web
Ask yourself if you have these symptoms of low vitamin D is a copy of the service on VitaminDWiki
A few of the many interesting items in the ebook
Note: Start with 400,000 IU of vitamin D to restore levels quickly to 50 ng and continue with maintenance of 3,333 IU average
- Initially 400 pills of 1,000 IU in a few days to weeks (recall that Germany restricts over-the-counter Vitamin D dose to 1,000 IU)
- Maintenance (not in Germany) would require only One pill every two weeks
- 1. Body weight: 70 kg (154 lb).
- 2. Vitamin D level increased by 1 ng/ml with a one-off dose of 10,000 units.
- 3. No vitamin D gained through UVB radiation on the skin.
- 4. Vitamin D level drops by 20 percent a month
- 5. Initial value: 10 ng/ml.
- 6. Target value: 50 ng/ml.
|Months of body aches||Dizziness caused by Meniere's disease||Calf cramps|
|Muscle twitches||Back pain||Back and leg pain|
|Exhaustion||Neck pain||Limpness and weariness|
|Loss of appetite||Adynamia and debility||No more morning blues after 15 years|
|Emergency relief from exhaustion||The absent-minded apprentice||Migraines|
|Dizziness||Trembling||Dizziness and headaches|
|Sleep disorders||Hallucinations: Hearing voices||Raynaud's circulatory disorders|
|Morning vomiting||Growth pain||Sun allergy|
|Allergy||Asthma and susceptibility to infection||Nervous breakdown|
|Back pain and weakness||Brittle fingernails||Myocardial insufficiency|
|Tinnitus||Enteritis||Colitis with Raynaud's disease|
|Multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain||Depression||Heartburn|
Normal, natural, optimum vitamin D levels
|Toxic effect||over 300 ng/ml|
|Risk of excessively high calcium||over 150 ng/ml|
|Recommended upper limit in the blood||100 ng/ml|
|Level with regular sunbathing||50 to 90 ng/ml|
|Optimal (minimum risk of illness)||50 to 90 ng/ml|
|Good (low susceptibility to illness)||over 40 ng/ml|
|Satisfactory (good calcium intake)||over 30 ng/ml|
|Deficiency (risk of osteoporosis in old age)||under 30 ng/ml|
The standard baby doses of 400 or 800 units will do nothing.
This dose for infants with a body weight of three kilograms was purely aimed at preventing rickets.
Adults' requirements are much greater.
Formulae for calculating doses for the initial and ongoing treatment.
The incremental factor and loss rate are average values, and vary in individual cases.
Short formula for initial treatment (capsules with 5,000 units):
Number of capsules = Desired increase x body weight x 0.028
Example: 40 ng/ml x 100 kg x 0.028 = 112 capsules initially
Short formula for maintenance treatment (capsules per month):
Number of capsules = Target value x body weight [kg] x 0.0056
Example: 50 ng/mlx 68 kgx 0.0056 = 19 capsules
In Germany, all pre-formed vitamin D medications containing more than 1,000 units require a prescription.
But this is a mistaken preventive measure.
French pharmacies have for years been selling drinkable 200,000-unit ampoules on prescription for less than 2 Euros without any problems.
The MANOS concept (Muscles , Adynamia, Nervous system , Orthostasis , Skeletal damage) covers the main symptoms of acute vitamin D deficiency .
Note: Adynamic disorders : Debility , listlessness, lack of energy , permanent exhaustion and constant fatigue.
He was a doctor for 20 years, then discovered Vitamin D
He comments in the introduction that animals get much higher vitamin D supplementation than Germans
(VitaminDWiki notes that vets around the world give animals a good level of vitamin D because vets are typically paid to keep their patients healthy, vs doctors are typically only paid when the patient is not healthy) see Overview Veterinary and vitamin D
Hippocrates himself recommended daily sun bathing.
See also VitaminDWiki
- Benefits of vitamin D experienced then described by retired Biologist – Aug 2015 one of his patients
- Power Of Vitamin D: 2nd edition Zaidi – July 2013
- 400,000 IU of vitamin D reduced adult pain and improved quality of life – March 2014
- Overview Loading of vitamin D
- Overview Vitamin D books and videos
- All items in category Back pain and Vitamin D
- Is 50 ng of vitamin D too high, just right, or not enough which contains the following chart
Short url = http://is.gd/7DayVitD
13381 visitors, last modified 31 Aug, 2015, URL: