Reasons to believe that Gout is associated with low vitamin D
- Acute gouty arthritis is seasonal. 1998
Increased by 32% in Spring (when vitamin D levels are the lowest)
- Clinical Trials for Gout and Vitamin D
Study of Vitamin D and Uric Acid Lowering on Kidney and Blood Vessel Function
Good: 50,000 IU weekly, unfortunately: D2, not D3
- Vitamin D reduces Rheumatoid arthritis
- Vitamin D reduces Pain
- Vitamin D reduces Inflammation category listing with
- Higher incidence of gout with age (less vitamin D and gastric acid as you get older)
- Increased gout at higher Latitude (Gout and Goutiness a 1899 book
- Increased gout with soda pop
JAMA study from 2010.2 women >2 cans of soda daily 2X more likely to develop gout (Note that soda decreases vitamin D levels)
- 2X more Gout if Dark Skin
WikiPedia gout is twice as likely in African American males as it is in European Americans
- Gout and Calcium and vitamin D
Calcium and Vitamin D. The relationship of gout to calcium and vitamin D is complex.
Gout is associated with insulin resistance, low vitamin D levels, and inflammation, all of which interfere with muscle synthesis.
One study has found that patients with gout have lower vitamin D3 levels correlated with higher urate.
- Increased gout recently (along with increased number of people being vitamin D deficient)- both blacks and whites
New Zealand 2009 publication
Gout incidence has been increasing (while vitamin D has been decreasing)
- Gout has increased, but appears to be correlated with obesity/ hypertension 2011
note: both obesity and hypertension are associated with low vitamin D
Low gastric acid ==>poor digestion ==> more uric acid ==> gout
(Hypothesis by VitaminDWiki)
FACT: Gout increases with age
FACT: Gastric Acid/digestion decreases with age
FACT: Coffee increases gastric acid
FACT: Coffee decreases gout (known since 1672)
FACT: Vitamin D increased digestion
FACT: Vitamin D decrease Gout
CONCLUSION: Improved digestion ==> reduced gout
Hypothesis: Other ways to Increase digestion, such as HCL or digestive enzymes, will also decrease gout
Note: Vitamin D reduces gout by at least the following ways:
- - - - - - - - - - - -
- Gastic acid decreases with age has the following chart
- More Uric acid (from incomplete digestion of meats) is a problem if low gastric acid or poor liver/kidney
- Gout is reduced with coffee
- Effects Of Caffeine And Coffee On Heartburn,. . .
"Coffee is highly acidic and it can stimulate the hypersecretion of gastric acids."
"Decaffeinated coffee has been shown to increase acidity to a greater degree than either regular coffee or caffeine alone"
- HOW TO TREAT GOUT, JOINT PAIN.... HAVE HCL THERAPY AND DON’T EAT AFTER 6 PM
HCL increases gastric acid
- Search Google for (hcl OR "hydrochloric acid") gout > 400,000 web pages as of April 2016
Many companies on Amazon sell HCL with enzyme to increase stomach acid
- 1652 Advertisement For Coffee:"It is excellent to prevent and cure the Dropsy, Gout, ...
- Association between vitamin D insufficiency and elevated serum uric acid among middle-aged and elderly Chinese Han women
2.4X more likely to have elevated uric acid if low vitamin D and elderly  The 2013 study
- Vitamin C and Gout
See also VitaminDWiki
- Overview Kidney and vitamin D and Gout is strongly associated with poor kidney function
- Gout attacks associated with low Omega-3 – Dec 2015
- Criteria to associate a health problem with low vitamin D contains the following
Many reasons why vitamin D deficiency has become epidemic which includes the following chart
Gout has the following chart
See also web
- Gout and Vitamin D Gout and You
Review of research. 2015?
"Gout is quite common and affects about 3.9% or 8.3 million adults in the United States, about 6 million men and 2 million women."
- Gout and Magnesium also from Gout and You
- Vitamin D for Gout: Get It While It Lasts! Goutkiller ebook
- Clinical Trial of Vitamin D to reduce gout renin angiotensin system
- Hypothesis: Vitamin D deficiency is due to malfunctioning renin angiotensin system – Jan 2013 in VitaminDWiki
- Sleep Apnea Is Tied to Gout New York Times Oct 2015
Those with Sleep Apnea has 50% increased chance of having Gout
VitaminDWiki suspects the link is low vitamin D - which is independently associated with both
- Epidemiology of gout has the following chart for the US
- Potential causal associations between vitamin D and uric acid: Bidirectional mediation analysis - 2015
Download the interesting PDF from VitaminDWiki
- Search Google for GOUT CBD 1.1 million hits as of Aug 2017
CBD = the legal form of Marijuana which reduces pain
- Chronic Disease Approaches Needed to Curb Gout’s Growing Burden JAMA March 2018
"Gout is common in the United States, affecting about 4% of adults."
The word VITAMIN does not occure once in the PDF
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
_This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)Rheumatoid Arthritis
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 9524 Gout JAMA.jpg admin 14 Mar, 2018 22:52 24.70 Kb 53 9523 Gout JAMA.pdf admin 14 Mar, 2018 22:52 258.89 Kb 5 8295 Gout increasing.jpg admin 12 Aug, 2017 12:37 28.37 Kb 3257 8294 vitamin D and uric acid - Nature.pdf PDF 2015 admin 12 Aug, 2017 12:18 445.82 Kb 186 5069 Gout Chinese women 2013.pdf PDF 2013 admin 18 Feb, 2015 13:34 417.20 Kb 1253 5068 Gout prevalence.jpg admin 18 Feb, 2015 13:18 28.42 Kb 17008 3783 coffee-advertisement.jpg admin 08 Apr, 2014 10:03 63.54 Kb 4580 3782 Gout coffee.jpg admin 08 Apr, 2014 10:02 56.59 Kb 23465 3781 Gout Vitamin C.jpg admin 08 Apr, 2014 09:53 48.67 Kb 20729 3780 Gout NZ.jpg admin 08 Apr, 2014 09:29 11.64 Kb 20721
- Vitamin D reduces Pain