Hypothesis: Acetaminophen reduces vitamin D, which increases asthma
From the Web Feb 2012
- Prenatal Exposure to Acetaminophen Linked to Childhood Wheezing Medscape Dec 2010
- Does Tylenol Worsen Asthma For Kids? NPR Feb 2012
- Tylenol Linked to High Rates of Asthma in Children Wellness Resources Aug 2010
One dose of Tylenol in the past 12 months was associated with a 43% increased risk of developing asthma.
Higher use was associated with a whopping 240% increased risk.
- Want your child to have asthma? Give them Tylenol.
Is making your child comfortable for a day or two’s worth of low grade fever worth the risk of a lifetime issue with asthma, rhinitis or eczema?
- Study casts more doubt on acetaminophen-asthma link Reuters Dec 2010
- Tylenol Side Effects: Are You Sure that Tylenol is Safe? Side-Effects Site
Many side effects • Kidney disease, • Liver disease, • Asthma, • Those who drink alcohol- even infrequently
”it has NOT been tested with the randomized double-blind placebo-controlled studies, known as RCT's,”
- Tylenol and Autism? from Evolutionary Psychiarty Jan 2012
- Does Tylenol Cause Athma? Oct 2010
2.5 times greater in teenagers using acetaminophen at least monthly.
The findings come from a study of 323,000 13- and 14-year-olds from 50 nations.
- NPR Science: Does Tylenol worsen asthma for kids Feb 2012
"Everybody around the world who's looked for this association has been able to find it.”
In fact, acetaminophen is an ingredient in many cough and cold products — including NyQuil, Robitussin and Theraflu.
It might exacerbate the asthma because it decreases levels of a molecule called glutathione, which protects the lungs.
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen) Liver Damage many items Nov 2012
See also VitaminDWiki
- All items in category Breathing and Vitamin D
- Overview Asthma and Vitamin D
- Children with low vitamin D were 4.8X more likely to get asthma – Oct 2011
- Cresendo of papers on Asthma, Allergy, and Vitamin D – Sept 2011
- Severe asthma strongly associated with low vitamin D – Sept 2011
- Tylenol associated with both low vitamin D and Autism
- ADHD 2 X more likely if Tylenol used a lot during pregnancy (Autism increased too) – Dec 2016