Reasons to believe that Gout is associated with low vitamin D
- Acute gouty arthritis is seasonal. 1998
The most prevalent season is Spring 32% (when vitamin D levels are the lowest)
- Clinical Trials for Gout and Vitamin D
Study of Vitamin D and Uric Acid Lowering on Kidney and Blood Vessel Function
Good: 50,000 IU weekly, unfortunately: D2, not D3
- Vitamin D reduces Rheumatoid arthritis
- Vitamin D reduces pain
- Vitamin D reduces Inflammation category listing with 54 items
- Higher incidence of gout with age (less vitamin D and gastric acid as you get older)
- Increased gout at higher Latitude (Gout and Goutiness a 1899 book
- Increased gout with soda pop
JAMA study from 2010.2 women >2 cans of soda daily 2X more likely to develop gout (Note that soda decreases vitamin D levels)
- 2X more Gout if Dark Skin
WikiPedia gout is twice as likely in African American males as it is in European Americans
- Gout and Calcium and vitamin D
Calcium and Vitamin D. The relationship of gout to calcium and vitamin D is complex.
Gout is associated with insulin resistance, low vitamin D levels, and inflammation, all of which interfere with muscle synthesis.
One study has found that patients with gout have lower vitamin D3 levels correlated with higher urate.
- Increased gout recently (along with increased numbe of people being vitamin D deficient)- both blacks and whites New Zealand 2009 publication
- Gout has increased, but appears to be correlated with obesity/ hypertension 2011
note: both obesity and hypertension are associated with low vitamin D
Low gastric acid ==>poor digestion ==> more uric acid ==> gout
(Hypothesis by VitaminDWiki)
FACT: Gout increases with age
FACT: Gastric Acid/digestion decreases with age
FACT: Coffee increases gastric acid
FACT: Coffee decreases gout (known since 1672)
FACT: Vitamin C increased digestion
FACT: Vitamin C decrease Gout
CONCLUSION: Improved digestion ==> reduced gout
Hypothesis: Other ways to Increase digestion, such as HCL or digestive enzymes, will also decrease gout
Note: Vitamin D reduces gout by at least the following ways:
- - - - - - - - - - - -
- Gastic acid decreases with age has the following chart
- More Uric acid (from incomplete digestion of meats) is a problem if low gastic acid or poor liver/kidney
- Gout is reduced with coffee
- Effects Of Caffeine And Coffee On Heartburn,. . .
"Coffee is highly acidic and it can stimulate the hypersecretion of gastric acids."
"Decaffeinated coffee has been shown to increase acidity to a greater degree than either regular coffee or caffeine alone"
- HOW TO TREAT GOUT, JOINT PAIN.... HAVE HCL THERAPY AND DON’T EAT AFTER 6 PM
HCL increases gastric acid
- 1652 Advertisement For Coffee:"It is excellent to prevent and cure the Dropsy, Gout, ...
- Association between vitamin D insufficiency and elevated serum uric acid among middle-aged and elderly Chinese Han women
2.4X more likely to have elevated uric acid if low vitamin D and elderly The 2013 study
- Vitamin C and Gout
See also VitaminDWiki
- Overview Kidney and vitamin D and Gout is strongly associated with poor kidney function
- Search VitaminDWiki for GOUT 1920 items as of Feb 2015
- Criteria to associate a health problem with low vitamin D contains the following
Many reasons why vitamin D deficiency has become epidemic which includes the following chart
Gout has the following chart
See also web
- Vitamin D for Gout: Get It While It Lasts! Goutkiller ebook
- Clinical Trial of Vitamin D to reduce gout renin angiotensin system
- Hypothesis: Vitamin D deficiency is due to malfunctioning renin angiotensin system – Jan 2013 in VitaminDWiki
- Epidemiology of gout has the following chart for the US